Top 5 Pilot Luxury Watches of 2020
Watches, designed exclusively for use while flying are virtually as old as aviation. Dating back to the early 1900s, Louis Cartier developed the famous Santos Dumont watch at the behest of his Brazilian friend and aviator – Alberto Santos Dumont.
Thus, the Cartier Santos became the ever first pilot watch, prized and coveted among collectors to date. However, the history of pilot watches is extensive. It includes a significant contribution of many other elite watchmakers like Rolex and Omega over the years, besides Cartier.
After the Cartier Santos, the industry saw the debut of other iconic models like the Rolex Air-King, Breitling Navitimer and more.
So let’s today explore some of the best pilot watches of 2020 that exhibit incredible features and avant-garde designs. These watches are highly proficient in maintaining precision and appear uniquely stylish on the wrist at the same time.
However, are you looking to sell watches in London? Get a free valuation now.
Introduced in the 1940s, the Rolex Air-King initially looked more like a casual dress watch. However, the latest Air-King Reference 116900 today flaunts a robust sports watch design.
- The watch comes with a bigger case size, Mercedes-styled hands, luminescent Arabic hour markers as well as green accents.
- Moreover, Rolex furnished the watch with the iconic Oyster case and a perpetual movement having lustrous style.
Nonetheless, Rolex developed the Air-King collection exclusively keeping pilots’ needs in mind.
In fact, the brand designed the watch to pay homage to the pilots of the British Royal Air Force.
With a new slide rule bezel, chronograph pushers and robust size, the Breitling Navitimer sports a unique design.
- Interestingly, users can operate the slide-rule for making different calculations while flying.
- For example, you can measure the speed of climbing and fuel consumption.
However, the brand also equipped the watch with many other technicalities that make the Navitimer proficient at using on grounds.
The first versions of the Navitimer watch housed a hand-wound movement.
However, a current edition like the Navitimer Reference A24322 is powered by a durable Breitling Calibre 24 self-winding movement.
The movement has a power reserve up to 42hours.
Rolex GMT-Master II
Another iconic collection worthy of being in our list of the top pilot watches is the Rolex GMT-Master.
Specially designed for aviation and travel purpose, Rolex unveiled the first edition of GMT-Master (Reference 6542) in 1955.
The GMT-Master Reference 6542 features a 24-hour bezel and a GMT-hand on its dial, powered by a self-winding movement.
However, Rolex launched the GMT-Master II Reference 16710 in the 1980s.
- The watch sports a sapphire crystal and hour-hands on the dial that can be adjusted independently.
- Moreover, a high-beat automatic movement powers the timepiece at a frequency of 28,800bph.
- The Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 is water-resistant up to 100m.
What makes the Reference 16710 a classic pilot watch is its ability to display time of three time zones simultaneously.
The dial features independently adjustable hands that display dual time zones. And the 24-hour bezel shows the time of the third time zone.
Omega Speedmaster Professional “Moonwatch”
One of the most recognised and coveted watches in the world are the Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Many of you might wonder what is special about the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch.
However, one of the most significant reasons is that this watch accompanied Buzz Aldrin while he took his first steps on the lunar surface.
- The watch features high-end complications that make it good enough for flying and of course, for space travel.
- Omega fitted the Speedmaster Professional with a tachymeter bezel and a luminescent display.
Moreover, the watch houses a manual-wind movement that has chronograph functionalities.
Patek Philippe World Time
The last watch in this list is the truly magnificent Patek Philippe World Time Reference 5230G.
- This appealing traveller’s timepiece comes with 18ct white gold case and bezel along with a hand-guilloched dial.
- Moreover, a Calibre 240 HU movement powers the Patek Philippe World Timer.
The interesting fact is that the brand has offered the watch with a gold micro-rotor to operate the automatic winding.
The Patek Philippe World Timer features a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and is water-resistant up to 30m.
Sell Watches for the Best Price in London – Get Paid within Minutes!
The Luxury Hut offers a quick, secure and convenient way to sell watches for competitive prices in the second hand market.
You can sell your watch online or via appointment in London or from anywhere in the UK. Nonetheless, the process is simple and hassle-free.
- Fill up our online form with all details of your watch
- Get a free valuation shortly
- Send your watch to us or call on 0207 242 5411 to book an appointment at our Hatton Garden office in London
- Get a final price offer
- Accept it and get paid within minutes.
Whether you are willing to sell an Omega watch or a Rolex, rest assured that you will obtain the best price possible for it from us at The Luxury Hut. We pay you instantly in cash or via any preferred method of payment.