The Iconic Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar in Rose Gold
Cartier has introduced many highly complicated watches over the years. And one of the most significant novelties that the brand has ever produced in recent years is the Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar.
This Cartier watch is the perfect combination of a classic design and technical mastery, geared towards true watch enthusiasts. However, while you may like the watch’s design, others may not. But one thing no one can deny and that is –
The Cartier Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar is among the most technically upgraded perpetual calendar timepieces available in the horology industry. So let’s today explore more about this Cartier masterpiece.
However, if you want to sell your Cartier watch for the best price, get in touch with the trusted watch buyers at The Luxury Hut.
The Cartier Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar
Cartier produced two versions of the Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar.
One version comes in platinum and Roman numerals on the dial. However, the second one is a sleeker form forged out of rose gold and has no indexes on its dial.
And here we will be discussing the rose gold Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar version.
- The Astrocalendaire from the Rotonde de Cartier collection features a 45mm case diameter and thickness of about 15.1mm.
- Such a case size was required to house the Calibre 9459 MC movement.
- And this movement further consists of two exclusive complications – a perpetual calendar and a flying tourbillon.
You can find this combination pretty much in “Haute-Horlogerie”. However, what makes the Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar unique is that its perpetual calendar display provided by the brand.
A Unique Perpetual Calendar
The most significant component in the Cartier Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar is the flying tourbillon. A multi-tier display surrounds it for the perpetual calendar.
Overall, the watch looks like the flying tourbillon is resting in the middle of a Roman amphitheatre, acknowledging the ancient culture.
However, the two complications take maximum space on the dial. From the innermost to the outermost, the three-tiered rings display the day, month, and date of the week.
- The Cartier Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar exhibits the functions of a perpetual calendar most smartly.
- The case-back features the leap year indicator and a winding rotor hide it partially.
- Moreover, Cartier has equipped the watch with three rotatable blue brackets that connect to the movement’s gearings and are set on the three rings.
This enhances the legibility of the perpetual calendar, thereby enabling you to read the day, month and date at one glance. However, the one-minute flying tourbillon features the signature rotatable C-shaped cage.
The dial of the Cartier Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar flaunts the time display at the 12 O’clock side. It has two small blue gladiator-shaped hands.
- Moreover, the dial also sports a rose gold plate with the Cartier logo engraved on it and an added gold minutes’ ring.
- Cartier offered the dial a sunray decoration, and its dark silver lines start from the minute and hour rotatable axis.
- However, the Cartier Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar watch features a sapphire-cut cabochon in the winding crown.
- The brand has knurled it a little bit, maybe to enhance grip and also, to increase its appeal.
Cartier produced the rose gold Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar watch in limited numbers of only 100pieces. The watch undoubtedly boasts the brand’s excellent craftsmanship in devising a perpetual calendar and exquisitely combining the two complications.
And the Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire Perpetual Calendar is ideally the most readable perpetual calendar available in the luxury watch market.
Nevertheless, are you looking to sell a Cartier watch? The Luxury Hut offers a quick, secure and hassle-free way to sell Cartier watches and raise instant cash.
Fill up our online form for a free initial price quote. Or call us on 0207 242 5411 now to get an instant appraisal over the phone. You can also book an appointment at our office in Hatton Garden, London to sell your watch in-person.
We specialise in buying all kinds of Cartier watches, be it vintage or contemporary and men or women. You can rest assured that you will obtain the best price possible for your timepiece without any obligation. Thus, get in touch with us today.