The Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi 2020
A few years ago, Omega avowed its collaboration with the famous yacht-racing Swiss team – Alinghi. And this year, the watchmaker unleashed a new watch for paying homage to this partnership – the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi.
According to the CEO and President of Omega, Raynald Aeschlimann, this new timepiece reflects the similar qualities and values that the brand as well as, the Alinghi team shares. And the Speedmaster represents the yachts’ speed while they hydroplane on water. He said –
“The new watch is about two great Swiss brands combining their passion for innovation and sailing.”
Moreover, Omega has created the new Speedmaster Alinghi edition using the best elements and some incredibly impressive technology to match the state-of-the-art Alinghi boat.
Thus, with the new Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi, the brand has offered a unique design concept. Continue reading to know more about this new Omega Speedmaster 2020.
Do you want to sell watches? Get a free valuation today.
Omega equipped the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi with in-house Calibre 1865. The thin and light design of this manual wind movement makes it perfect for sailors.
- However, the watchmaker designed the Calibre 1865 movement, taking inspiration from the new TF35 catamaran of Alinghi.
- The barrel-bridge and main-plate of the movement exhibit a honeycomb effect, reminiscent of the carbon hull of the boat’s interior.
However, Omega used laser ablation to produce this honeycomb effect and also, to adorn other bridges with a black carbon pattern.
The Magnificent Colour Coding
The Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi watch comes with the logo of Alinghi – “red” is for passion and “black” denotes technology.
However, watch collectors are pretty familiar to the Alinghi logo. In fact, you can consider this new Speedmaster to be the last of many watches to display the signature logo “A” on the case back or dial.
- The watch comes with a wide zirconium oxide 44.25mm case that reflects the enduring alliance between the two Swiss brands.
- However, the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi features a ceramic mirror-polished bezel with SuperLuminova white-filled tachymeter scale.
- And a perforated black-and-red rubber strap completes the classic, sporty and elegant look of the timepiece.
The winding crown has the Omega logo engraved in white on it and both glow in green hue in the dark.
The Watch Face
The new Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi comes with two sub-dials that worth your attention. Omega has offered a 4-minute or 5-minute time display at the 3 o’clock side, marked in red to help with precision underwater.
- However, the brand has used an anodized and sandblasted aluminium disc at the 6 o’clock, replacing the usual sub-dial design.
- What will capture your attention is the logo of Alinghi coated in red.
- When the wearer uses the chronograph function, the logo will rotate on the timepiece.
However, all the main wordings on the watch like the “Tachymeter” on the bezel or the Speedmaster logo are engraved in red.
Overall, the Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Alinghi is a sporty but unusual take of the classic Speedmaster Moonwatch collection. It commemorates an enthralling competition rather than the historic space exploration.
Are you looking to sell your watch for instant cash? Fill up our online form and get a free quote.
At The Luxury Hut, we buy all kinds of luxury watches, vintage or contemporary. Whether you want to sell an Omega watch or sell watches of any other luxury brands, you are likely to obtain the best price for it from the trusted watch buyers at The Luxury Hut.0
© Copyright 2018 The Luxury hut, All Rights Reserved.