3 of The Most Iconic And Sought-After Patek Philippe Watches to Date
Patek Philippe is one of the most popular and revered watch brands in the world. Each watch exhibits the brand’s excellent artistry and engineering expertise.
From the dial design to the movements’ finishes, everything exudes a pure sophistication and classic sheen that is ideally second to none. However, Patek Philippe produces comparatively a small number of watches every year.
And this offers the iconic brand a massive exclusivity factor, thereby increasing its desirability among collectors and potential buyers.
So let’s today take a quick look at three of the most iconic and coveted Patek Philippe watches as of 2020.
However, for those who want to sell Patek Philippe watches, fill up our online form to know how much you are likely to obtain for your timepiece, based on its current market price.
1. Patek Philippe Nautilus Reference 5711/1A
The Patek Philippe Nautilus range enjoys unparallel desirability in both retail and pre-owned market. However, the Nautilus Reference 5711, in particular, has another level of craving.
The iconic watchmaker introduced the Nautilus 5711 in 2006 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the ever-first Nautilus (Reference 3700). Gerald Genta designed the watch, taking inspiration from nautical themes.
While the octagonal case reflects the porthole, the grooved dial of the watch is reminiscent of the decking on a yacht or sailor stripes.
- However, the Reference 5711 exhibits the closest similarity in style to the original Nautilus.
- The contemporary version comes with a little bit rounded case and upgraded steel.
- The watchmaker added a seconds-hand and redesigned the patented integrated bracelet.
- However, most of the watch’s architecture and aesthetic is yet the same.
The Nautilus Reference 5711 watch houses the in-house Calibre 26-330 S C movement, offering 28,800vph. Moreover, it features a transparent case-back that makes the 21ct yellow gold rotor visible.
2. Patek Philippe Calatrava Reference 5227
The German Bauhaus design movement dominated the 1932 era, and the Calatrava range made its debut at that time. The minimalist style and the notion of focusing on premium artistry inspired David Penney, the English horologist.
With that in mind, he designed the first-ever Calatrava watch for Patek Philippe. And this Calatrava Reference 96 complemented the Bauhaus notion perfectly – form following the function.
However, Patek Philippe introduced the Reference 5227 in 2013 in three metal options – White, Rose or Yellow Gold.
- The watch features a 39mm case, and interestingly, it is the largest case size available in the current Calatrava collection.
- Apart from this, the Calatrava Reference 5227 features all the components that have characterised the collection from the beginning.
- The timepiece sports a round case, a startling dial with chisel-shaped gold index hour markers and Dauphine double-edged hands.
Moreover, the Patek Philippe Calatrava Reference 5227 is powered by the Calibre 324 S C.
3. Patek Philippe Aquanaut Reference 5167A-001
In 1997, Patek Philippe unleashed the Aquanaut series as a more affordable alternative to costly editions like the Nautilus. The Aquanaut featured a similar smooth-edged, eight-sided bezel in a satin finish like the Nautilus.
On the contrary, the brand gave a unique twist to the dial. It graduates from the teak deck pattern and attains a decorated guilloche design.
- However, the Aquanaut 516X series was launched in 2007 to commemorate its 10th anniversary.
- And the all-steel Reference 5167A-001 came with a more prominent 40mm case size, compared to the earlier 38mm.
- The watch featured a slightly redesigned dial and a strap that appears unified with the case.
Moreover, the Patek Philippe Aquanaut Reference 5167A-001 houses the brand’s patented Calibre 324 SC movement.
Are you looking to sell watches in London for the best price? Fill up our online form now and get a free competitive valuation shortly.
Our expert evaluators have years of experience and knowledge of the luxury watch industry. We determine a fair and accurate price of any luxury watches sold to us, based on their current market prices. Thus, sell your watch to us with confidence and get paid instantly.