Jaeger-LeCoultre Introduced New High Jewellery Calibre 101 Watches
Jaeger-LeCoultre introduced two new high jewellery watches, equipping them with the ingenious Calibre 101 movement. The new watches flaunt entirely original designs. However, the significant fact is that the magnificent mechanism proclaims the unique alliance between luxury watchmaking and high jewellery.
The Calibre 101 is historically significant because it is among the oldest and smallest automatic movement in the world yet in production. JLC transformed feminine watchmaking by introducing this movement in 1929.
However, the watchmaker has taken jewellery-inclined approach by designing the two new high jewellery watches – the 101 Bangle and the 101 Snowdrop. Let’s today take a quick look at the luxury of these two diamond-set watches.
And for those looking to sell Jaeger-LeCoultre watches for the best price can fill up our online form to get a free competitive quote shortly.
Jaeger-LeCoultre High Jewellery 101 Snowdrop Watch
Jaeger-LeCoultre designed the manchette-style 101 Snowdrop taking inspiration from the white bell-shaped flowers that foster through the Vallee de Joux’s snow. The watch oozes delicate femininity, flaunting pear-shaped diamonds that surround the dial forming a flower. The diamonds are set in perfect symmetry in the bracelet creating the petal pattern.
- However, the Snowdrop features diamonds in a ‘griffe’ setting that reduces the presence of the metal.
- Eventually, it enables the light to pass from every angle through the stones.
- Moreover, two gold bands support the bracelet’s silhouette.
- Each band is embellished with diamonds in a linear setting that pulls the tiny gold beads up from the metal surface and pushes over the gemstone for securing it.
The JLC 101 Snowdrop Reference Q2882201 features 904 diamonds of 20.9 carats – 204 are pear-shaped diamonds, and others are brilliant-cut. The watch comes with an 18ct rose gold case that measures 18.35mm x 5.98mm.
Jaeger-LeCoultre High Jewellery 101 Bangle Watch
The JLC 101 Bangle watch is reminiscent of the exquisite Art Deco geometry and 20th Century Modernism structures. The watchmaker has designed the bracelet with 996 brilliant-cut diamonds of 19.7 carats, graduating in size to highlight the timepiece’s sweeping curves.
- However, this high jewellery JLC timepiece flaunts an increased three-dimensional effect of the diamonds, thanks to the grain and griffe setting’s merger.
- Interestingly, a simple twist of the two sides opens the bracelet delicately.
The Jaeger-LeCoultre 101 Bangle Reference Q2892202 also features an 18ct rose gold case with dimensions 18.35mm x 5.98mm.
The Calibre 101 Movement
Jaeger-LeCoultre developed Calibre 101 movement in 1929 to meet the brand’s quest to integrate accurate timekeeping within tiny dimensions. The movement exhibits the brand’s expertise level in micro-mechanical engineering.
- The movement sports the dual-level ‘stacked’ architecture.
- It has the escapement set on one plate while the cogs and barrel are set on another.
- And a flat crown placed into the case’s base wound the mainspring.
The Calibre 101 is now over 90years old, and it has undergone several upgrades in machining and materials over the years. But JLC has kept the architecture and dimensions the same.
Moreover, the current, fourth-generation Calibre 101/4 movement consists of 98 components and has dimensions of 14mm x 4.8mm with 3.4mm thickness. The Calibre 101 offers 33-hour of power reserve and oscillates at 21,600vph.
This movement that powers the new JLC 101 Snowdrop and the 101 Bangle is unique. It represents the excellent skills that only a few watchmakers have to develop and assemble such a tiny mechanical movement.
Do you want to sell watches for the best price in London? Trusted watch buyers at The Luxury Hut can buy your timepiece for a fair and competitive price in the pre-owned market, be it is Jaeger-LeCoultre watch or a Rolex. Fill up our online form for a free no-obligation quote or call us on 0207 242 9160. Sell your watch to us and get paid instantly.