The New Cartier Santos-Dumont XL Hand-Wind Watches 2020
Cartier has introduced many watches with different case styles. Interestingly, some references are devised based on their original designs that the brand typically created in the early 20th century or so.
With this in mind, it is essential to note that:
When it comes to timeless, evergreen yet century-old designs, only a few contemporary watch manufacturers can come up to the level of Cartier.
However, the new Cartier Santos-Dumont XL Hand-Wind watch sticks closely to its 116-year old vintage design.
Last year, Cartier launched the latest generation of Santos-Dumont in two sizes, with only quartz movements.
Finally, the brand has unveiled the Santos-Dumont XL collection with Piaget-derived hand-wound movement.
A Perfect Watch Case
The new Santos-Dumont XL Hand-Wind watches may not be the most prominent square models produced by Cartier.
However, they are larger than the quartz models released last year.
- The Santos-Dumont XL measures 46.6mm lug-to-lug length and 33.9mm across, offering a more significant wrist presence.
- Moreover, these timepieces wear flat and wide with 7.5mm thickness.
- The drop-off lugs and exclusively-shaped bezel make the watch appear curved.
- And the Santos-Dumont XL is slim enough to wear down comfortably on the wrist.
However, Cartier has released the new Santos-Dumont in three metal options – 18ct pink gold, steel, and the bi-metal steel combo with pink gold bezel.
A Mechanical Heart
Cartier has remarkably retained the classic character of its notable model yet increasing its diameter.
Consequently, the manufacturer equipped the last year Santos-Dumont models with a quartz movement.
However, these watches did not receive pretty universal acclaim, ideally due to the quartz movement.
This time, Cartier turned to the mechanical versions, releasing what was expected for long by its collectors.
- The automatic 430 MC movement powers the new Santos-Dumont XL.
- The Calibre 430 MC is basically the Piaget 430P that is employed in its ultra-thin Altiplano.
- However, the movement is small as well as thin, offering an unsurprising 38hours of power reserve.
Indeed, the Piaget and Cartier movement versions are similar. But the Cartier editions come with balance cock and bridges furnished with its double “C” logo.
Other Exclusive Features
Cartier introduced the Santos Dumont XL in three case & bezel options –
One, a combo of 18ct pink gold case and bezel
Second, there is a full steel version
And third, a rose gold bezel and stainless steel body version.
However, the manufacturer has the crowns of all three versions with a synthetic spinel cabochon.
- Ideally, the most striking feature of the new Santos-Dumont is the sunray-brushed, silver dial.
- Moreover, the radial finish highlights the reed-thin, elongated Roman numerals, offering a unique aesthetic.
- The new Santos-Dumont watches come with alternative polished and brushed surfaces with the classic finish.
- The flanks and top surface of the case are brushed; whereas the bezel of the watch is mirror-polished.
The Cartier Santos-Dumont XL watches come with leather alligator straps in navy blue or black.
However, one fine difference between the recent quartz versions and the new XL model is the strap’s fit.
The XL watches’ strap features metal insert at both the ends. This enables the strap to fit into the case with no gaps.
More significantly, the Cartier Santos-Dumont XL Hand-Wind is a real delight for dedicated aviation fans or Cartier aficionados. How?
All the new XL references come with case-backs that are carved with the “S=D” signature – the initials style of the famous aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont.
Do you want to sell your Cartier watch in London?
For those who are looking to sell Cartier watches in London, begin the process by:
Simply, fill up this online form, providing all the details of your luxury watch and get a free competitive quote today.
Trusted watch buyers in London at The Luxury Hut specialise in buying all Cartier watches for the best possible price in the pre-owned market.
We evaluate every aspect of a Cartier watch precisely and determine an accurate price based on its current second hand market price.
You can sell your Cartier watch to us online or via appointment at our Hatton Garden office in London.
The process is straightforward and convenient. Thus, sell your Cartier watch to us with full confidence and receive instant cash with no hassle.
© Copyright 2018 The Luxury hut, All Rights Reserved.