These 3 Modern Discontinued Rolex Watches Are Increasing in Value: Find Out the Reasons Now
Rolex watches are always desirable and sought-after by collectors because they appreciate with time.
However, some discontinued Rolex models are becoming more valuable and collectable by the day.
It is said that collectors today are categorising features of specific discontinued Rolexes like they ideally would do with vintage models.
Here are three modern discontinued Rolexes that are increasing in value. Let’s today explore the aspects that make them unique and valuable.
Rolex Submariner “Kermit” Reference 16610LV
Rolex introduced the Submariner “Kermit” 16610LV in 2003 to celebrate the model’s 50th anniversary.
Some unique features make it distinct from its sibling reference 16610LN.
- One of the most significant features is the Maxi dial with larger handset and hour markers.
- What is indeed arresting about the watch is the unique green bezel.
However, the reference 16610LV is also available in several dials and bezel colour options, categorised by its serial number.
One of the significant models is the Y serial Submariner reference 16610LV that flaunts a “flat 4” bezel.
- This exclusive bezel refers to the number “40” stamped on the bezel insert.
- And on the top of the number “4”, there is a flat edge rather than a pointed top present on the later models.
Thus, the Y serial Submariner reference 16610LV features a flat-four bezel with a lighter green shade, eventually fetching a premium when selling.
Rolex, unfortunately, doesn’t manufacturer the flat 4 bezel insert models any longer.
While this specific version of the Submariner “Kermit” is apparently rare, the value of reference 16610LV has increased.
Rolex GMT-Master II “Pepsi” Reference 16710
Rolex introduced the GMT-Master II reference 16710 in three different bezel options –
One is Black, second is Red & Blue (Pepsi), and the other is Red & Black (Coke).
And the most famous of them was the GMT-Master II Pepsi.
However, reference 16710 has some nuances that ideally affect its value today. For example –
- The late series of this edition with the so-called “error dials” features the “II” engraved in Sans-serif rather than Serif.
- This difference adds a slight premium and thus, the Rolex GMT-Master II ref. 16710 is expected to only appreciate in coming days.
Moreover, the GMT-Master II “Coke” along with the “Pepsi” references are supposed to see a significant increase in value. Why?
This is because these examples are ideally more coveted than the reference 126710 and 116710.
However, the colour of the bezel inserts on the ref. 16710 is brighter and offers a more prominent wrist presence.
Also Read: 4 Most Popular Discontinued Rolex Models
Rolex Sea-Dweller Ceramic Reference 116600
The Rolex Sea-Dweller Ceramic Reference 116600 experienced the shortest production period of all contemporary Rolex watches.
While Rolex launched the Sea-Dweller in March 2014, the production was discontinued officially in 2017.
- Indeed, the Sea-Dweller Ceramic flaunts distinctive features such as a matte dial and graduated bezel.
- Interestingly, Rolex produced some new Sea-Dweller Ceramic models with glossy dials.
- Although they were manufactured in limited numbers, the glossy dials are less desirable than the matte editions.
However, the two years production run of the Rolex Sea-Dweller Ref. 116600 makes the watch unique as well as valuable.
Want to sell your Rolex watch for the best price?
For those who are looking to sell Rolex watches for instant cash, fill up this online form with all details about your asset. You will get a free honest and fair quote immediately.
Expert evaluators at The Luxury Hut are always on hand to assess your luxury watch precisely and determine its best possible price.
You can sell your Rolex watch both online and via appointment to us. Regardless, we will make the process convenient and straightforward for you.
If you are happy with your initial quote, send your watch or call on 0207 242 9160 to book an appointment at our office in Hatton Garden, London.
We will make you a final price offer. Accept it and get paid immediately in cash or via your preferred method of payment.
Thus, get your free valuation today and sell your Rolex for the best possible price in London.
© Copyright 2018 The Luxury hut, All Rights Reserved.