TAG Heuer Adds a New Carerra Chronograph to Celebrate Its 160th Anniversary
For 2020, TAG Heuer refined and upgraded its iconic Carerra collection to celebrate its 160th anniversary. It’s no secret that the watchmaker unleashes new watches for commemorating anniversaries. This time, it introduced a limited-edition watch dubbed the TAG Heuer Carerra 160 Years Silver Limited Edition.
However, TAG Heuer designed this new special edition taking inspiration from the original racing-styled Carerra chronograph – the Reference 2447S. Both watches appear almost similar to one another. But the current limited-edition watch comes with some different contemporary features.
Thus, let’s explore the new TAG Heuer Carerra 160 Years Silver Limited Edition, released to celebrate the anniversary of the iconic models, the Carerra. Edouard Heuer founded the watch in 1860.
Want to sell watches in London? Call on 0207 242 9160 and get an instant free competitive quote over the phone.
The TAG Heuer Carerra 160 Years Silver Limited Edition
The new 160th Anniversary Model of TAG Heuer Carerra chronograph comes with a stainless steel body. The watch sports sophisticated silver-coloured monochrome dial, and pushers.
- Like its predecessor, the watchmaker also equipped the new Carerra chronograph special edition with three azurage counters and the old Heuer badge.
However, there are two subtle differences between the original Reference 2447S and the new Carerra watch.
- The new 160th Anniversary model comes with a little bit different shape.
- And featuring a 39mm diameter, the watch is 3mm more prominent than the old Carerra 2447S.
Also Read: Top 10 Most Expensive Luxury Watch Brands
The Most Significant Update
Many watch collectors might be happy to see that the new TAG Heuer Carerra 160 Years Silver Limited Edition is almost a direct mimic of the first Carerra.
However, TAG Heuer has designed the new special edition Carerra watch, keeping in mind 21st century. Ideally, the most significant difference between the two models lies in the movement.
- The Valjoux 72 movement powered the first TAG Heuer Carerra.
- But the brand equipped the new Anniversary edition watch with the new in-house Swiss-made Heuer 02 movement.
- It is made of 168 elements, including a vertical clutch and a column wheel.
Moreover, the ultra-thin Heuer 02 movement has a power reserve up to 80hours, offering improved precision and durability.
While the current Carerra Anniversary model houses the new movement, the watch features the second indicator at 6 o’clock side rather than 9 o’clock.
- Another difference is that the Heuer 02 movement is fitted with renovated oscillating weight.
- However, the new Carerra anniversary model comes with a sapphire crystal case-back.
The case-back flaunts a lacquer-filled stamp, designating the timepiece as an anniversary limited-edition.
TAG Heuer offered the new TAG Heuer Carerra 160 Years Silver Limited Edition in two bracelet options – steel bracelet and black alligator strap. It is also available in different dial colours like black, grey, blue sunray and silver.
How to sell a watch for the best price?
Selling a luxury watch may feel initially daunting, but when you choose professional watch buyers to sell your watch, the process becomes smooth.
Trusted watch buyers like at The Luxury Hut offers a quick, secure and straightforward way to sell watches online or via appointment.
Whether you want to sell a TAG Heuer watch or any other luxury watches, you can rest assured that you will obtain the best price possible for it. Our process is simple.
- Fill up our online form
- Get a free quote shortly
- Send your watch to us for a detailed assessment
- Receive your final offer
- Get paid within minutes.